Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Drought

What's up with the places that discriminate against ordering water? I know that it is free (or supposed to be) and that they want to up your bill as much as possible... but what if I'm not a cheapskate? What if I really just want to drink water?

I'm not a pop addict like many people I know. In fact, I almost always prefer an ice cold water to soda, juice, milk or anything else. And I know I'm not the only one. Of course, there are those that just don't want to pay anywhere from $1.50 - $3.00 for a beverage and I really can't blame them for that.

The purpose of this rant, though, is when I go out and order a meal to go and then ask for a water and every restaurant/fast food joint wants to give you the small Styrofoam cup that holds half a cup of water. Do you remember how I ordered the hot sauce? Yeah, that's right. I'll need a little bit more. And they always give me crap and/or charge me when I ask for a bigger glass. If I were dining in, then fine, I can refill when I want. But since I'm LEAVING the establishment, why punish me?

Costa Vida is the worst. The girls get really snippy when you ask for a larger glass. And then they want to charge you. And I think, if I'm being charged, then I should probably get my money's worth and actually drink a pop...but I don't want pop. So now I've just paid more for a water than I would have had if I had just bought a water bottle from somewhere else.

What's worse is when you've gone to a fast food place, and then not only have they just charged you for your giant water, but then they proceed to take half an hour to fill your order. What happened to the word fast? Yeah... I already hate the fact that I can't tell if you are a man or woman and that you charged me for water when all I wanted was a larger cup, but now you are wasting my lunch break.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...