Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday Night In

After a long week, sometimes it is nice to go off the map and watch a movie in your apartment alone. Which is what I did tonight. I haven't done the best at going to bed early this week, so I thought I would try tonight since my movie ended around 10:30 p.m.

When I went into my room to change into pajamas I noticed two things: lightening and the sound of rain. And a really awful rock concert going on somewhere in the vicinity of my bedroom window. And while the rain is optimal for a good night's rest, the terrible music was not really what I would call a lullaby. You would think that the rain would be damaging to the electrical equipment. I wanted to yell out the window for them to SHUT UP! but thought the better of it because 1) they wouldn't hear me and 2) as it is Friday night, they are typically entitled to rock out all they want until Midnight. I had flashes of thoughts of me partying all hours of the night and not caring who was around trying to enjoy the last two episodes of Justified on their enjoyable night in, and who am I to ask they respect me for just trying to do the same?

So I've been trying to keep myself busy, and I have been very successful. The "concert" probably ended over an hour ago...and sadly, the rain did too.

Still, I find that 1:00 a.m. is a great time to clean the bathroom. And now I even feel like my Friday night has been productive as well as relaxing. Even if I am only now getting to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...