Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Confession

I don't know why this year Valentine's Day is just rubbing me the wrong way, but it is. I know that I'm a hypocrite about things, and Valentine's Day is one of them. I love romance. I love romance novels - the cheesier the better. (I mean, I did read MLM for a really, really long time, remember?) But the sappy declarations on Facebook, and the tacky gifts and presents at the stores, and the blow up of pictures of flowers* and blah blah blah. For some reason I keep uttering, "God save me from all of this..." and I can't tell if that means I'm taking the Lord's name in vain, or offering up a very sincere prayer.

Luckily, I have a brand new carton of ice cream, and extra cookie dough to add to it, and a night planned to lose myself in writing...sappy romances.

I can't - I won't - attend a "Girls' Night" on Valentine's day. I just can't. It goes against the whole point of the holiday, and I'm nothing if not festive. I'm also a GO BIG or go home kind of person. So, I'm in for the night, ladies. Sorry. (Not sorry.)

*Chuck, I'm not talking about your texts or our conversation this morning. I still want those details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...