Sunday, March 23, 2008

Crazy Busy


Things have been SO crazy lately that I do not even know where to begin!

Last week I attended my first BrainShare, a convention that Novell puts on every year for about 50,000 people from 58 different countries around the world. I worked in the store all week, starting as the "sales person" and then working my way to cashier. I've always known retail was not for me, but I had a lot of fun counting all the money at the end of the day. During the week I stayed in Salt Lake at the Marriott, which was really fun. To sum up the week:
1. I had my first networking experience. The guy gave me his business card and told me to call him when I graduate - that he'd help me get a PR/Marketing job. He was based in Pennsylvania himself, so that sounded like a winner to me!
2. I found a restaurant, the Blue Iguana, that served salsa NEARLY as good as El Sombrero's. This was incredibly exciting, as I have yet to find its equal, and yet here was something that came rather close. Even better, the company paid for the meal.
3. I attended my first "real" concert, Collective Soul. It wasn't bad.
4. Katy came and spent the night at the hotel with me one night, and we went swimming. It was really fun.
5. I was able to find my way from Farmington to Ogden (and the subsequent place in Ogden that I was looking for) without using I-15 or getting lost. It was a miracle!

Friday I went shopping and found a really cute shoe store: Head Over Heels. Loved it! Especially since they gave me a pair of shoes for free. Unfortunately, I have only ever seen the store in Ogden. I asked the girl at the counter if there was anything south of Ogden, and she mentioned there was one in Logan. (Which just so happens to be North...but what can I expect from a 17-year old Utah native?)

Saturday was spent baking banana bread then dying eggs with Emily. It was fabulous.

Today I attended church, which was less Easter-oriented than I would have preferred and then lucky enough to have awesome friends who invited me to their family dinner. The weather was beautiful, and I really am starting to believe that spring might be here.

Tomorrow I have a test, and a group project. And in order to be prepared for it, I have decided to cancel work... uh oh. That is never a good thing, especially when you've been out of the office for a week. What can I say?

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for your first real concert. My first one was New Kids on the Block. (Dude, I'm old.)

    Did you see the Old 97's are going to be in Utah in June? I might just have to fly down there to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...