Sunday, August 30, 2009

A story and a distress call

I got slapped in the face by an old man. Hard. Like, a real slap.

True story.

I flew in from Ohio on Tuesday night and had had my aunt park my car in the economy parking lot. So after struggling with my bag - which had a broken strap, again - I climbed onto the shuttle that took me to the parking lot. The bus was full of weary travelers and obviously people who do not use the public transportation system often. When the driver told us to let her know which stop we needed to get off, I am sure she meant for us to use the pull-cord that lights up the "Stop Requested" but the old man in the back didn't know. So he walked to the front of the bus and told the bus driver (who I thought looked a little exasperated, I know I was) and then on his way back he was swinging his arms as though he were on a cruise ship and not a small bus aisle, and then he SMACKED me across the face.

It was shocking. I was completely stunned. And then he tried to cup my face to make sure he hadn't left a mark and that I was OK. I waved him off, still disbelieving what had happened. He got off on stop 3, and as soon as he left, I pulled the cord so I could get off on stop 4.

As far as the distress call - everyone should be aware that I do not have TV or internet or a land line (though this has not affected me as much) at the house. I don't know why. It worked when I got home and then the next morning - nada. So I've been living in a big house, with a near-empty fridge and pantry with no TV, no internet, no job...

It's been fun.

1 comment:

  1. how the crap do you not have tv, or internet? i got on the wireless when i was over there. And why did you park your car? I totally could have picked you up!!! Shelli this all makes me sad, and you need to come to movie day with jo and i tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...