Sunday, June 20, 2010

Book of Mormon Reading: 2 Nephi 26:23-28, 33

In reading this morning, I stumbled upon these verses that reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend a month or two ago. He's currently studying at a seminary and so he is very knowledgeable about the Bible, but has obviously not had the opportunity to study the Book of Mormon. One of his greatest concerns about the Church, is that he believes that we are too exclusive when Christ turned away no one.

The following scriptures come from the Book of Mormon, and therefore is considered doctrine of our Church, and I think shows just how much we invite all men to learn of Christ and accept His atonement for our sins.

23. For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
24. He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
25. Behold, doth he cry unto any saying: depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.
26. Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
27. Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unot you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people tha they should persuade all men to repentance.
28. Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.
....
33. For non of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is not nauseating. I've never once felt ill reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...