Monday, June 14, 2010

My Bed

I live in BYU housing, and therefore sleep on a BYU housing bed. I try not to think about it too much, but the truth is, probably tens to hundreds of people have probably slept on this same bed. Here at Single Tree #5, my bed seem particularly old, and worn. Which means, it isn't comfortable.

In order to make it bearable, I have resorted to the following:

9 pillows
3 fitted sheets
2 foam pads
1 flat sheet
1 comforter

and on occasion, one blanket dated some 20+ years.

Even with all of this, I wake up and have to do some pretty interesting cat-like stretches in order to get all the cricks out of my back and the tension out of my shoulders.


And despite how utterly uncomfortable my bed is, I still don't want to climb out of it when any one of my four alarms go off because when I'm as tired as I've been the last few weeks, it sometimes seems like my bed swallows me up and doesn't want to let me go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...