Sunday, July 08, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!



I spent the majority of the Fourth in bed. I woke up and was ready for the day by 7:30 a.m., headed to the Kiwanis Pancake breakfast with Megan and Eddie, and then went home and basically went back to sleep until much, much later.

After my marathon nap, I went over to the Nunez's house, and enjoyed some delicious food, company, and all-around happiness while we waited for the Stadium of Fire to start. We could hear the whole program, and so we jammed to the Beach Boys, got soaked by the untimely sprinklers, and enjoyed the terrific firework display.

Tonight, I ended Freedom week with a little visit with my dear friend, Colin. He hasn't made an appearance on this blog for a while, so I'm happy to post a few pictures:


We went up to City Creek in Salt Lake. He treated me to some Kneader's for dinner and then we walked over to Temple Square where we discovered that the Utah National Guard Orchestra was doing a Patriot Concert, and we decided at the last minute to go.

I'm so glad that we did.

The program was really great, with songs composed from different wartimes, soldiers, along with classics from the "American songbook", movie scores, and a medley of all the songs from the Armed Forces. It was really cool to sing the national anthem in the Tabernacle, and to add our gratitude to the men and women who have served.

I think it was the perfect way to finish the week.

I really do love this guy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this makes me miss hanging out with you and Colin, and Becca, and other omni peeps. We had such fun times. Glad you got to hang out with him.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...