Sunday, October 21, 2012

Broccoli Soup

I made a delicious soup on Friday night that was SO easy, as well.

The original recipe called for:

1 lb. chopped broccoli
1 small onion
2 cups chicken/vegetable broth
1 can of white beans

You're supposed to cook the onion in a pot in olive oil, then add everything once the onion is ready. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn down to a simmer until the broccoli is cooked.

And then you are supposed to blend it all up.

Since I don't really like soup that I can drink, I prefer it laden with foods to chew and extra crackers to make it thick, I didn't like the idea of blending it. I also didn't like the idea that it called for nothing to flavor it besides the onion.

So.

I decided to add it a few other things, and it ended up being delicious, as I said.

Take the original recipe:


1 lb. chopped broccoli
1 small onion
2 cups chicken/vegetable broth
1 can of white beans

ADD:
dash of chili pepper
jalapeno flakes
2 cups (roughly) of red cabbage and green cabbage
cilantro to taste

When ready to eat, add a dollop (or more) of Greek yogurt.

I don't know, maybe it sounds gross.....No............... It can't sound gross. It was so good. I'll definitely be eating it again and again this winter. Plus, it's healthy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...