Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Smartie Pants

The other day I was talking about men and the lack of potential date-able men in my life, and my friend commented that she would love to set me up with some, but that she didn't think she knew any guys that were smart enough.

For some reason this struck a chord.

I've never felt like I am incredibly intelligent. Not to say that I think I'm dumb, because I know I'm not. But I have never felt as though I am smarter than most. I often feel ignorant about different topics (politics, math, the economy, personal finances, etc.) and I'm not nearly as smart as a lot of my friends.

But I think that is the point. I like to surround myself with intelligent people. And even though some of my close friends are not "book smart", they are geniuses in their own right. And I appreciate that.

Intelligence is important to me. I don't know why I'm just now discovering it. I've always liked guys that I felt were smarter than me, because I liked that they could teach me things. I don't want someone who lords it over my head, and becomes patronizing or disrespectful because they think they are not only smarter than me, but also everyone in the whole wide world (I've known people like this that I can't stand).

It bothers me when people are proud of the fact that they don't read. Or if they are uncommonly simple minded, and don't want to do anything about it.

So yes, I guess I do want a man with some brains.

1 comment:

  1. Now I understand why we are friend. It's because I'm so so smart. Thank you ;).

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...