Tuesday, November 25, 2008

~**23**~


Kira, Becca, me, Ashley

So my roommate, Becca had to work yesterday. Sometimes when she does she gets home really late. So I didn't think anything of it when she got home at a quarter to six.

But apparently, what she really was doing was baking a cake over at Apartment 304 (Skye, Jake, Levi, and Travis').

So when I announced that I had to shower before FHE, because I hadn't for the day, my roommates all looked at each other, and was like - you can't. Apparently they had plans. After much b
ribery and threats of being tortured with cold water and/or invasion of the bathroom...I promised to take a fast shower; (I know this comes as a shock to most of you - but I can do it.) and I did. I just, may have, not put on make-up and I definitely did not do my hair...which sort of ruined the pictures. Oh well.

We headed to the Thai Kitchen, where sometimes they can speak English, and sometimes they can't. They are always incredibly slow. Don't expect refills. And yet, the food is DELICIOUS. My absolute favorite. Yum... I just get happy thinking about it, even a day later. Never mind what it does to my insides afterwards.


Chris, me, Colin, Jackie, Ashley

We got home just in time for FHE. Despite our group getting split up, we had fun. After we viewed everyone's pictures from the photo scavenger hunt, I was hanging around socializing - but everyone cleared out pretty fast. So when Ashley suggested we leave, I didn't really have a choice.

Apparently Ashley was trying to get me to open the apartment door, but I was too slow to pick up on that - so she had to open it, and when I walked in Skye was laying on the counter, similar to the way people may lounge on a piano... and I started laughing and was like, "Oh, well...this is quite a surprise!"

But that was just the beginning.


Colin, Kevin, and a few others jumped out from hiding spots. Then they were like, "There's a present in the laundry room," And I was thinking it was gift that Becca bought, because she had come home with something earlier that week that she wouldn't let me see. So I open the laundry room and Jake is sitting there with his arms wrapped around his knees, and he was like, "Did anyone order a BYU student?" And then got off and started dancing. Of course, it was very funny.

A few more people showed up and Becca came out with the cake that she had so deviously gone and made under pretense of fellowshipping one of Skye's roommates and they sang. We listened to the Twilight soundtrack, and chatted it up.


Kevin, Skye, Colin, me, Chris, Jake, Levi, Bryce

Becca really had bought a present though, so she brought it out and they got me a popcorn popper! I, apparently, told Becca that I wanted one the VERY first day we met. Which is true. I often walk by the air poppers and want to buy one every time I go to the store. Now I can find something else to pine over. Hooray! I love air popped popcorn!

It was a pleasant surprise, and I was very grateful to have such good roommates and friends. I love them all!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, old woman! You're one of us now... and it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Turns out I did not actually know when it was. Sorry for missing it. I was going to write a poem but Courtney stole my lyrics. Why did I leave those lying around? DANG!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...