Tuesday, November 04, 2008

VOTE

I paid extra money to make sure my ballot was in on time (thanks, Mom) and this is why: VOTING IS IMPORTANT. Especially when you live in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Missouri. Luckily, I still am registered in Ohio. I'm hoping that my vote for Ohio's underdog will help declare a victory for the lesser of two evils.

From Yahoo:
Among the 50 states, Missouri has a record of picking presidents that’s hard to match — the Show Me State has voted for the eventual winner in every election since 1904, with the exception of 1956, when it voted for Adlai Stevenson. Ohio’s not a bad predictor, either: It is almost always close to the national average, and no Republican has ever been elected president without carrying the Buckeye State. In fact, in the 14 presidential elections since 1952, Ohio has gone with the winner 13 times. Just three other states can boast that record of accuracy: Missouri, Nevada and Tennessee.

On a completely separate note: I know that everyone that reads my blog is Pro Prop 8, but I thought I would put another plug in there for anyone who stumbles across this in the next few hours (hahah...riiight). Yes on PROP 8! It's not about discriminating, hate, or intolerance. Prop 8 is all about preserving the sanctity of marriage and protecting the family as God intended.

For some interesting views on Prop 8, check out these videos:
They call us intolerant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q28UwAyzUkE
The truth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4nqtDrJI7A

1 comment:

  1. Hey... I like the new layout, although I don't know how 'new' it is since I haven't been online too much lately. I hope to remedy that shortly.

    And yes, voting is important. Not so important in states like Utah or California, where our votes don't count for much. But it's awesome to get that 'I voted, so I'm better than you' sticker. I love that thing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...