Monday, January 26, 2009

Losing My Mind!

It is supposed to be a figure of speech, but recently, I can't help but feel that I have completely lost my mind.

Point #1
I typically get lost. That is just how it is. However, in the last week, I've gotten lost SEVERAL times when I was going somewhere I've been before. I went last weekend to IKEA to purchase a chair. I've been to IKEA several times and have never had a problem finding my way, or getting home. Yet, somehow, I managed to find myself completely lost, in the dark. I still am not sure where I was, though I think it was just at the base of the mountains in Salt Lake somewhere. Where ever it was, I was sure I was going to end up in Wyoming. I didn't, in case you were wondering. I thought I was in Magna, but I looked that up and I wasn't there either.

Point #2
Part of my routine in the morning is straightening my hair - if just my bangs. Also part of the routine is turning said straightener off. In the last week, I've managed to leave the straightener on 4 or 5 times. This is abnormal. Also, I typically respond to reminders - and yet, Ashley has reminded me over and over again, and I keep doing it.

Point #3
I have NEVER left my lights on. And yet, in the past 3 days, I have forgotten to turn them off 3 times. On Friday night, Ashley told me that my light was left on in the car (I don't really think it was that time because...well because my car actually started when I came out the next morning and the switch was in proper position). I didn't go check, because I forgot. But then, when I got home late Saturday night, I checked to make sure my lights were off and went into my apartment. When I woke up Sunday morning, my car was dead. Apparently, I had not checked my lights. They had been left on all night. In my haste to get to church, I left my KEYS in the ignition and caught a ride when a couple of girls from my ward. After spending 45 minutes recharging my battery, I headed to American Fork for a mission farewell and open house. At the open house, someone announced that MY car had its lights on. Seriously.

Point #4
I don't speak well. Usually I pride myself in having fairly intelligent speech. The last few days my tongue has been tied in knots. I hardly know what I am saying anymore.

All of this proves that I am losing my mind. I am sure that there are those out there that would tell me to get more sleep...well, I have no reply. Perhaps I am not losing my mind, and in fact, just killing it from lack of sleep.

Is there a thing called Fatigue Stupidity. I think I have it.

3 comments:

  1. You have one of two things. You are either pregnant, or you have mild dementia.

    I was picking up some girls to take them to the zoo and knew we needed to go south but saw the north freeway entrance and went on that one instead. I'm also losing my mind. I get lost incessantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I've totally had weeks like that!! I wish I knew why. I still don't speak well anymore... just today I heard myself use random words where I didn't mean to use them, and even forgot how to correctly conjugate a verb or something. I sounded really dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's something funny - I wrote my first comment a couple of days ago, and then promptly forgot to talke out my contacts before going to bed. This may not be a big deal to many others, but it kills my eyes. Geeez, it's not like I've made a habit of doing it every day for the past 11 years...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...