Monday, February 09, 2009

Material Girl

It's always the things that we can't have that dominate our thoughts the most.

This is probably the reason I like to read "romance" novels; why I crave chocs and sveets and FOOD every time I think about dieting; and why, oh why, I want to just spend money like crazy ever since I lost my job.

I am lucky I don't have to work right now. This semester I have enough money from a loan that will pay for all my expenses, as long as I keep it closely budgeted and do not spend money on excess or luxury items. Crap.

As soon as I start working again, I am going to go on a shopping spree. And this is what I am going to buy:

  1. A trip. I want to get on a plane and go somewhere. Maybe California. Maybe somewhere East. I don't care where - I just want out of Utah.
  2. Shoes. Oh, shoes! I need shoes. I want to waterproof my boots. I want to buy a cute pair of black, pointy-toed flats. I want some cute heels that are totally impractical. I want goulashes.
  3. Clothes. I need clothes, too. I need jeans. I need shirts. I need... I can't have. But I am not going to be worrying about the price when I go shopping. If I want to spend $245 on a cute dress, maybe I'll actually do it... I don't think I could spend that much on a dress. But still. I want to go shopping for clothes and not worry about how much I am paying.
  4. A camera! Two camera. An SLR and a regular digital camera. Mine is broken and it is very sad.
  5. MUSIC! I want to go onto a website and download a bunch of music, legally. But that costs money. I will wait.
  6. Books. I could spend a lot of money on books. I already spend more than I should. I would spend more if I could.
  7. Pedicures. Heaven on earth, need I say more?
  8. New kitchen stuff. In the past weeks I've lost a cake decorating tip, a can opener, and a beer glass. My pots are ruined, and we eat Teflon-peppered food on a regular basis. I would love to change this.
  9. A gym membership. Yes, that's right. And one that I would use too.
  10. Furniture. Like a bed frame. And a dresser. A side table and a lamp. Oh the possibilities of making my new room CUTE! I don't want plastic furniture anymore.
*Sigh.* Someday. Someday soon I will be able to have a little bit of extra cash. But until then, keep me out of the stores!

1 comment:

  1. my solution to this is that i work non-stop and therefore don't have any time to spend money

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...