Sunday, May 03, 2009

Counter

I put a counter on the bottom of my page. The only problem is, I don't know if the 40 new visits have all been me, or someone else.

Ah well, it doesn't matter. Readers, stalk on. Or stay updated. I like that you do. I was sad to see that I missed my one year anniversary in the blogging world. Not that it is such a great thing that it needs to be commemorated; however, I will say that I have fun doing it. I go back and read my posts sometimes, and I think I'm funny. Even if you don't.

Just a little update - for those of you that don't know. I'm finishing up my final semester at BYU: taking two classes that I have been putting off for quite some time. Or, actually, I've been putting off GIS. I've attempted stats several times. If I make it through alive, then I'll be done. It's an exciting and terrifying thought.

I moved in with my friend Becca and her mom. I have a bedroom that may or may not be bigger than my parent's bedroom back home. Even though, it still looks as though it is Becca's walk-in closet. My room has been clean for a full 24 hours. Everything is put away. My bed was even made. And if I put off the laundry for a few more days, it will remain that way.

As far as the new ward goes...well, let's just say that it wasn't too successful today. We looked up what ward we fell into by way of boundaries and found that our ward started at 9:30 a.m. This is not different from the Omni ward; regardless, we found ourselves with little time to get ready and be able to show up on time. Since first impressions are everything, we opted out of the 203rd mystery ward, and tried the Arlington's 223rd (I'm making that number up, but I think it's close) ward that met at 11:30 a.m. We had our picture taken and filled out an information sheet and even participated with our insightful comments ("Fast offerings," Becca says. My comment was a little longer - and more profound...). But we will probably not be back. Besides the fact that it is NOT our actual ward, Becca and I are inherently judgmental people. There were maybe three attractive guys in the ward and they were all flocked around the Forever XXI sales models. Sigh, I think the real problem is that Becca and I have gotten used to a certain sort of celebrity within our ward at the Omni. We have a few people that actually appreciate our attendance and shower us with love and hugs and praise.... We realize that we can't expect that same sort of treatment in a new ward... but that doesn't stop us from wanting to get it anyway.

After looking at our schedules for the summer and seeing that we will both be missing quite a bit of regular church (meaning, not attending our own ward) we have decided that it might be best to stick with the Omni, and worry about making new friends in our new ward...later. Maybe August-ish.

That is, if I am still in Utah.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha i loved this post, and YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! come back to the omni!!!! We would be infinitely better with you guys back!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...