Monday, August 01, 2011

I Blame the Cute Kinkos Guy

Friday night I dropped a project off at Kinkos that needed to be done and ready to go to Duchesne by 7:00 a.m. Monday morning. Typically, last minute projects get dropped off at the the Orem store, because they are open 24-hours a day, seven days a week. It was early enough that the Provo store hadn't closed, and I knew that they could easily get the project done in time for me to pick it up before closing on Saturday. Plus, the really cute guy with the Arabic tattoo works there at night.

So I dropped off the project, flirted with Cute Guy, and he told me that he would be opening the next day and that I could pick it up any time in the morning. Naturally, I wanted to be able to go in and flirt with him again, because, really....what better thing is there to do on a Saturday morning?

The only problem with the whole plan, is that I sleep in on Saturday. I have a hard time getting to work by 9:30 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. on the weekdays... much less waking up on a Saturday to be to Kinkos bright and early. I told Cute Guy that I would be in at 10:30 a.m. and made the resolve to set my alarm early enough that I could be "cute" when I went to pick everything up.

When my alarm went off, I was too tired. My 3 a.m. bedtime throughout the week had really caught up to me, and I decided to sleep just a little longer. I still woke up around 10 a.m., but I also just bought a Kindle and instead of getting out of bed, I decided to read. When I decided to start getting ready for the day, I was distracted by my book and so I took it and read in the bath. I was just going to run over to Kinkos and get the project, but I still needed to be cute!

By the time I was finished with my bath and my book.... I had completely forgotten about Cute Guy and the project at Kinkos.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing and reading. It wasn't until I was at the grocery store later that night, picking up things for our Munch and Mingle on Sunday, that I remembered the project. And of course, then it was too late. The Provo store closes at 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, and doesn't open again until 7:00 a.m. Monday morning.

I felt awful. And irritated with myself. And frustrated. Argh!

So this morning, worried that my boss wouldn't know how to pay for the project when he picked it up at Kinkos, I crawled out of my bed and got ready early enough to make it to Kinkos by 6:54 a.m.

Aside from being up so early this morning, the fact that I'm recovering from a weird bug (yesterday I was nauseous and dizzy all day, which turned into chills and a fever and a massive headache last night), with a lingering headache, I haven't been up this early in months. Frankly, it's going to be a long day. The good news? I can probably leave as early as 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow by Email