Monday, May 26, 2008

Sense and Sensibility - I guess I don't have any.

I am Marianne Dashwood!

I just watched Sense and Sensibility last night, and then I took this Jane Austen quiz, and here we are - me, Marianne Dashwood. I guess it is probably true, though sometimes I feel that I more relate to Elinor. But maybe not, Marianne is very passionate, and easily obsessed. She loves her family, loves the idea of romance and love that is often written about. She isn't very practical and doesn't put up with people she doesn't like or respect them. Hmmm... I am Marianne. Interesting.

ION television had a version of Sense and Sensibility that I actually really liked. I think the
actors they chose to play the characters were better chosen. But last night's version, I really enjoyed how witty and sarcastic Emma Thompson's Elinor was. She was funny.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I am Catherine Morland from Northanger Abbey. I have no clue who she is or what her character is like, but I hate the description the quiz gives. I'm not like that at all! I wanted to be Elizabeth Bennet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sense and Sensiblity is my favorite movie of all time. I love that version! I want to see the new BBC version. Shelli, you are totally Marriane. I love her in the movie. You are so passionate about everything so like her!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...