Friday, May 02, 2008

I'm in Love

Obsession: ob·ses·sion

1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling; broadly : compelling motivation obsession with Twilight>

Addiction: ad·dic·tion

1: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as romance novels, heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful

Love

1: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of basketball>
2: the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration love>

I am easily excited. Easily pleased. It is one of the few good child-like qualities I possess. But people don't always share the same enthusiasm I have for everything. Not that I can pretend to understand, how can you brush off some of the simple pleasures of life without so much as a little squeal of happiness? These little treasures in life come by the basket full, but I've noticed that there are a few things that I have just really become attached to. I used to claim that I was obsessed, or addicted - but those have such negative connotations; I didn't feel right about expressing my adoration for these certain things that just make me SO happy. It can only be described as love.

So these are the things (In no particular order) that I am currently in LOVE with, and I have no problem dropping the L-bomb.

  1. Twilight. I read the whole series around the the time that Eclipse came out. I read all 3 books in less than 3 days. I was smitten immediately. The writing may not be brilliant, but the characterization is. Edward and Bella (and Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, Jacob, etc. etc.) are very real to me. I love them as I would my own friends. They are amazing. Because Stephenie Meyer gave birth to them, and not only that but knows them more intimately than I ever will, I love her too. Thank you Stephenie for bringing them into my life. (And thank you, Katie and Courtney for being in love with them first!) I can't WAIT until August 2, when the 4th book is released.
  2. The Twilight Movie. I had to put this separately because I recognize that this movie is not going to be exactly like my beloved Twilight series. They will change things - take out scenes, add weird effects that probably won't be needed, etc. But as I keep track and people continue to show me interviews, clips of the sets, casting slides, and stuff like that, I continue to be more and more excited about the movie. The cast seems to have really good chemistry, and I think that is what is going to make this movie. I am so thankful that Breaking Dawn comes out in August, otherwise I would have to wait until December for the movie without any reprieve to my NEED for all things Twilight.
  3. Marcia Lynn McClure and the Clean Romance Club. Yes, I am in a club called the Clean Romance Club. Where people like me enjoy the intense sexual tension that results in awesome make-out scenes but nothing else, and true love that ignites almost instantly to ridiculously attractive men that make the heroine's mouth water for want of a kiss. The fact that they hardly ever have shirts on, can survive attacks by mountain lions, Mexican bandits, or evil villains make them all the more attractive. Adding the complete inappropriateness from the 1800s (which is harmless by today's standards) and I am completely in LOVE with these books. I don't care if the storyline does repeat itself with each new book. I love them!
  4. Ludo. I saw this band as an opening act for some other band that I can never remember the name to - and fell in love. I can listen to two of their songs over and over and over and over without getting sick of them. Drunken Lament and Love Me Dead are two of the best songs I have ever heard, and I am super excited to receive their CD in the mail in a week or so. Until then, I will continually listen to their music through their website.
  5. Blogs. I check them constantly for any update on my friends. It is so exciting to finally have a way to know what is going on without talking to your friends... lol. I really do love reading about the random things that happen, or thoughts that occur to my awesome friends.
  6. Mangoes. Mango sorbet, Mango frozen fruit cup, fresh mango. Mango inside jokes. Yum. I just love them.
  7. Spending money. Very detrimental to trying to save for tuition. But I love to spend money. On myself, on my friends, on my family. For the company. It doesn't matter whose little plastic card or paper money I am swiping or passing over to be put in the cash register. I love to do it. I love that if I type in a number, it automatically puts a new little present in the mail for me to receive in 7-10 days. I love the fact that a few coins can get me a bag of Gardetto's from the vending machine. It is wonderful. I just wish I had more of it.
  8. The sun. And with that, supposedly comes warm weather. Although, it has been really deceiving lately. I look outside and see the beautiful buds on the trees, the tulips, the blue skies, and the bright sunshine and walk outside to into the bitterly cold wind. What's up with that? I'm completely irritated with the cold. But, we are getting to the end of it. I'm sure of it (no proof, just going on instinct and 22 years of experience) and the warm weather will be upon us!
  9. Eva Ibbotson. My new favorite author. I'm not usually a big fan of detail, but she does a wonderful job. I've bought three of her books, and I'm waiting for the fourth to arrive.
  10. The Finer Things Club. This is a new club that we've started at work. It is the reason for me allowing myself to buy another Ibbotson book because it involves a book club. We get to go eat at wonderful new restaurants. And we are really a club, with motions (votes) and soon to have a blog of our own.
  11. Basketball. This is a love that runs in my blood. But with the Jazz doing well this season. The opportunity to watch it on the big screen in HD, and more free time than I am used to - I love it even more. I just wish I were friends with D. Will or Matt Hardring. Man, that would be awesome.
I love you too.

OH MY GOODNESS... I totally forgot. Here are some more:

  1. Chocolate and hazelnut. I think this may be the best combination in all the world. Chocolate and peanut butter comes in a close second. Very close. But there is something about chocolate and hazelnut that is so decadent. So delicious. And wonderful.
  2. Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. I absolutely love this combo. I love them separately and I especially love them together. One day when I am rich, I will purchase ALL of their movies and relish in their black and white simpleness while LOVING every second of their friendly banter with their co-stars. They are so funny, and so awesome. Every movie I've watched: The Philadelphia Story, Bringing Up Baby, etc. I've just loved them. Ah, Cary Grant... he's just dreamy.
  3. John Mayer, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, John Mayer... need I say more?
  4. Church. This sounds corny sometimes. But I swear, there is something so rejuvenating about spending Sunday the way you are supposed to. And something so comforting as to go to church knowing that the same thing is being taught in churches all around the world. (Give or take a few lessons...) I love our church. I don't think I can get into exactly how wonderful it really is, but honestly...
  5. Dresses. I gave up dresses when I was 12 years old in exchange for skirts and shirts. I haven't worn a dress, unless required (for graduation, weddings, etc) since. However, over the past few months, I have again tried the dress and found that it is very desirable. If you find a dress that fits and accentuates what it should, it can be quite delightful! The last couple of times I've gone to the store for new clothes, I've come out with a new dress. My newest acquisition is probably the most expensive item of clothing I've ever owned. However, I love it. I'm going to keep it. (Even if I haven't taken the tags off quite yet...)

2 comments:

  1. Wow my dear cuzin. This post has made me want to think and evaluate my loves as well. I to enjoy this new blogging experiance. You'll have to share with me those clips and things about Twilight the movie...I haven't seen anything on it and am very iffy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. Twilight rocks and anyone who disagrees is a fool! I dare you to tell me straight to my face that you hate Twilight and I promise you won't walk away without a broken nose!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...