Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Random Thoughts



I wanted this post to start out really friendly, deep, and nice. A treasure for people to read. But as I sit here working on my 56k connection, I can hardly concentrate long enough for the happy feelings to get them typed out. Since when is 56k so slow! I guess it's just been awhile since having BYU housing connections... UGH! I can't watch a simple YouTube video, or more importantly, videos on a certain something* and the cast, and the On the Set... uh oh. I think I said I wouldn't mention this particular something in this post. Most importantly, I can't watch the shows that I miss throughout the week, like The Office. NBC has so kindly posted it on their website, so that I can watch with limited commercials, and my internet is too da-rrrnnnn slowwwww. UGH! (I said that already...)

Moving on.

Last night, as I was laying in bed, reading and then trying to sleep, I noticed this most magnificent fragrance coming from my open windows. Sitting outside the Omni apartments are several trees that have bloomed into the pretty purply-pink blossoms that smell so amazing! And as the floral scent tickled my senses, I took a deep breath of gratitude for spring. I lay there thinking on how if I were an artist, of any sort, the smell might have inspired me to create some sort of masterpiece. Like a magnificent work or art, a beautiful song or poem. But I'm not an artist, I only pretend at it sometimes, and all you get is this mention in my post.

Also, I really love the mail. I love that after spending a lot of money, everything that I have ordered has finally arrived. Among my presents, my new Eva Ibbotson book and my Ludo CD, which I have been listening to (much to the chagrin of my roommates) over and over!

I am glad that I do not smoke or drink. For I truly think that if I liked it, I would be obsessed with it, and it would cause pain or death to someone. Probably me. Thank goodness for the Word of Wisdom! It has saved my life.

2 comments:

  1. You are ridiculous. But maybe I should borrow those new books when you're done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Katie, YOU'RE ridiculous. Actually, we all are. I am now going to watch the long-awaited trailer for uh... for... nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...