Monday, September 29, 2008

Best in the World

I am overwhelmed.

I'm not really sure how to write this post; but I would be ungrateful not to do it, and so I have to use my mediocre writing skills and attempt to put my feelings down.

I have discussed how amazing my family is before. How can I emphasize just how much of a blessing they are in my life? I don't think I can. I just want whoever reads this to understand how much I love and appreciate my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, and my parents. They are the reason I am where I am and the reason I'm doing what I'm doing. (I only give them credit for the good things in my life, though. Everything that has been bad is either my own doing or just a lesson to be learned.)

Attending BYU has been, for me, a given since I was in 6th grade and making my Life Plan. And though my "Life Plan" has changed quite a bit, the fact that I wanted to graduate from BYU has not. Every semester is a struggle. Whether it has been battling depression, disastrous work schedules, family drama, roommate drama... I have been working for four years trying to make it through (I did take a year off... I'm not too far behind, I promise. It seems like its been forever to me, too) to graduation. As I have conquered each and every one of these problems, or learned how to deal with them, I've had two very important crutches helping me through.

1. Heavenly Father and the Savior. I could not be writing a post of gratitude without mentioning Him. He is everything. The reason I'm here, for real - take that however you want because whether here means on this planet, in Utah, at BYU, still active in church, or even alive... it is because of Him and His love for me.

2. My family. I don't know what I would have done without the love and support from them. By example, by encouragement, and by their pocketbooks... it is literally taking the whole group to get me through school. It's embarassing, and it's overwhelming, and I am absolutely... indebted to you. Thank you. Thank you a million times. I don't know what I would have done. I don't know how I would have survived. You are truly the most wonderful, amazing, generous... the list goes on. Thank you. I can't say it enough. I can't tell you how your generosity and love and support mean and have affected me. I'm moved. I'm touched, and I'm absolutely completely grateful.

I love you guys, so much.

Shelli

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...