Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Mom is Cooler than your Mom

Today... is my mom's birthday.

I'm sure that she doesn't want to be reminded, mostly because birthdays are not a HUGE thing at my house, and sometimes it is just a reminder that perhaps even though we are a year older, nothing much has changed. I won't make an annoucement as to how old she is...becuase some people don't like that. What I will do, is explain to her why I love her so gosh dang much.



  1. My mom is my best friend. The absolute best friend in the entire world.
  2. My mom is a great listener. She will pick up the phone 9 out of 10 times when I call her, and then proceed to listen for at least an hour of what is going on in my life. Everyday.
  3. My mom cares about her kids.
  4. My mom is generous. With her time, with what little money she has. My mom will give her kids everything. And does, on a quite regular basis.
  5. My mom is talented. From baking to decorating cakes, to keeping the house clean, to staying up all night helping with projects she knows nothing about... I don't know, she can figure out ANYTHING and do it.
  6. My mom is handy. It must be from living with my dad, but she's learned how to roof a house, fix disposals, build shelves, hang drywall, putty walls, install tile (ok, maybe Dad did that...)
  7. My mom is prayerful. I know she hits her knees hard, every night. Mostly praying for the sake of her kids, which we all appreciate (whether we know we do or not).
  8. My mom is funny. Need I say more? We laugh, a lot.
  9. My mom is patient. When she has five kids, who are all as idiotic as the first, it takes a lot of patience.
  10. My mom is forgiving. We don't treat her the way she deserves to be treated, always, and yet, she still lets us come back. Amazing.
  11. My mom is peacekeeping.
  12. My mom is clean. Thank you for teaching me how to have a clean bathroom. And that you need a clean kitchen to cook in. I am a little sorry that I never picked up on the clean bedroom thing.
  13. My mom is loyal.
  14. My mom is a hard worker.
  15. My mom is a good daughter.
  16. My mom is loved by everyone - I don't know a single person who doesn't like her, and who wouldn't? Honestly, she is the coolest.
  17. My mom is sporty. From attending all of my brothers' and sisters' football, basketball, and soccer games, she knows a little bit about sports. But on top of that, she is a mean raquetball player and used to play basketball, volleyball, and (sometimes still does) softball.
  18. My mom is a cheerleader. See above. And then know, that my mom would go to my dad's games that he refereed and would be in the stands cheering for him.
  19. My mom sets traditions by not setting traditions. We never know when we are going to put up the Christmas tree, but that doesn't matter - it's whenever we feel like it.
  20. My mom has a testimony of the true Church of Jesus Christ. This shouldn't be number 20, it's so important.
  21. My mom knows how to do Thanksgiving the RIGHT way.
  22. My mom loves her parents.
  23. My mom gives good directions. Even if she is 2,000 miles away, she can still get me to the Bishop's house in Lindon. Amazing.
  24. My mom is a confidant. I can talk to her about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. And often do...twice.
  25. My mom knows how to make food, the right way. I don't care what you say, if pecan pie, crescent rolls, cake frosting, strawberry pie, and chili aren't made the way my mom makes them...they're wrong.
  26. My mom likes to try new things - sometimes it takes a little persuasion, but she'll do it.
  27. My mom will go on all the rides.
  28. My mom is beautiful.
  29. My mom is a good travel buddy.
  30. My mom is helpful.
  31. My mom is sensitive.
  32. My mom is temple worthy.
  33. My mom has great taste in men. Have you met my dad? He's pretty fantastic.
  34. My mom is spontaneous. I always love when she decides that it is time to switch the furniture around. I get that from her.
  35. My mom is wise. Even if I don't listen... I often find, she knows her stuff.
  36. My mom is a good wife. Faithful, true, and she knows who her priority is. I think my husband will be very grateful to my mom for showing me who really matters in life.
  37. My mom is a trooper. With back problems, lack of sleep, or whatever ailment, she's still up and moving around doing whatever needs to be done.
  38. My mom is exclusive. She has her small group of friends, and likes it that way. And it's no coincidence that at family reunions, our family all stays together in the same cabin or with each other. We're pretty tight-knit and it's because of her.
  39. My mom has good taste in music - mostly, because she lets me listen to what I want to in the car. Whether she listens to the same stuff or not when I'm out, there would be know way of knowing... (I'll just overlook the Keith Urban CD in your car.)
  40. My mom is faithful.
  41. My mom is obedient.
  42. My mom is cool.
  43. My mom is good to have around at a doctor's appointment. Let's just cut to the chase, it's the real reason I don't go to the doctor - because she isn't around. Hehe
  44. My mom is easy to be around. I don't think I could ever get sick of her. In fact, I wish she were here with me RIGHT NOW.
  45. My mom is absolutely, the most wonderful person on the face of this earth.
I love you Mom. I hope you have a good day, even though you are working; even though you are poor; and even though I am not home to celebrate with you for the fourth year in a row. I miss you, but you know I am thinking about you all of the time. Else, why would I call so much?



Talk to you soon...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...