Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Incredible Edible Egg

I found a new use for eggs. I don't like them hard-boiled (blech!) and I really don't like just egg whites. I don't like meringue. I've never tried them poached. And I've only recently started liking them fried...as in over easy. I can't DO over hard...again, BLECH!

But for this, you don't actually eat the egg, so it doesn't matter what your preference of eggs actually are. Eggs are the new home-remedy for burns. Bad burns. Or blisters. It turns out that the lack of water in eggs helps keep the blister from actually blistering, which means there isn't a little pouch of annoyance ready to cry out every time you bump it on something, rub it against something or push on it in any way.

After burning my finger on the rotor of my car (I KNOW - stupid, girl) my poor little finger immediately blistered. Immediately. It hurt like a muuther. So I was carrying around a dish towel with ice - I know you aren't supposed to put ice on a burn, but the burn cream really wasn't doing anything - and Katie Call suggested that I put my finger in an egg. No one had ever heard of such a thing, but Carla offered her eggs to my poor finger, so I accepted.

Just crack the egg open in a bowl and stick your finger in. Immediately there is relief because the egg is cold from being refrigerated. And, it isn't ice, so it isn't too cold. The fact that there isn't any water for the blister to draw on, keeps if from filling with liquid. And whenever the egg started to feel warm, you could just swirl it around and it would feel cold again against your skin.

By the time I was done soaking my finger in 2 eggs, the blister was no more and the burning sensation nearly gone. I woke up with a callous on my finger, but no pain. I definitely have a testimony of this new trick! So forget anything you ever heard about vinegar or whatever. Just put an egg on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...