Sunday, May 23, 2010

First Relief Society Lesson

If you want some good reading material, I recommend reading President Uchtdorf's Two Principles for Any Economy which was one of the talks that I had to teach from in Relief Society at Church today. The other was President Eyring's Be Ready. Which was also fabulous.

Overall the lesson seemed to go pretty well. I got several comments after and then some after ward prayer that either says that the girls in my ward are super nice (they are) or that it went OK. I was very grateful that I had several girls who participated and said some really great comments. The whole flow of my lesson went pretty well, with only one major pause, but I think that worked to my advantage. I have really no idea what the girls were thinking during the lesson, but I didn't notice the few girls who always sit in the back and whisper and talk, so either I was too nervous to notice them, they were actually listening, or more than likely, weren't there today. Which was great.

I wished the whole Sunday that I could move Relief Society to be the first meeting. I just wanted to get it over with. I wasn't nervous, just anxious to see how it all panned out. In the end, I'm just grateful that the Spirit is really who teaches and has very little to do with me. Once I've prepared and prayed, there really isn't much more I can do.

There were a few amazing quotes. I'd put a few of President Uchtdorf's on my wall if I could.

Work is an antidote for anxiety, an ointment for sorrow and a doorway to possibility.

Let us not devote our God-given talents and energies solely to setting early anchors, but rather let us spend our days growing spiritual wings. For, as [daughters] of the Most High God, we were created to soar unto new horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...