Friday, May 14, 2010

Country Music: Explained

I don't like country music. Or I say I don't...because most the time I can only listen to one, maybe two songs, before I have to change the station.

But once in an inexplicable moment, and despite the strange looks I get from the majority of the guys in the office or even to my own chagrin, I will turn on the country. I didn't ever really think I could explain why I got in these moods, but after yesterdays emotional breakdown, I think I've figured it out.

I play country music when I have a lot of unexplained emotions. I'm usually on the verge of tears or seconds away from pushing a guy against a wall or waiting for an excuse to run down some poor pedestrian. It doesn't matter whether I'm happy, sad or lonely. I could be excited or...whatever emotion, if it is more intense than normal (my emotions tend to run on the intense side always) then I turn on the country music and sing my lungs out.

Usually it's a particular playlist.

Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
Your Man - Josh Turner
No Rush - Josh Turner
Real Good Man - Tim McGraw
I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes - Dierks Bentley
I'll Take That as a Yes - Phil Vassar
Nothing on But the Radio - Gary Allen
Like We Never Loved at All - Faith Hill (& Tim McGraw)
Rodeo - Garth Brooks
Who's Your Daddy - Toby Keith
You Wouldn't Be Gone - Blake Shelton
Let Me Touch You - Alison Krauss
When You Say Nothing at All - Alison Krauss
Whiskey Lullaby - Alison Krauss and Brad Paisley

Yes, Garth. He's on the list. Even though when I was 16, I tried desperately to like him and I've only found maybe 3-5 songs that I like of his despite his many, many albums. Normally I just say that I can't stand him. Normally I say that I can't stand country. But at least my play list is a good country list.

Ah, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...