Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Results Are In (from the doctor)

Summary: I spent the day at doctor's appointments and doing tests and labs and my insurance's website is crazy awesome because I already have the results posted online for me to look at. Oh. And I'm not dying; or anything like that.

You should not read further, if you don't want to know.

I called the doctor yesterday because I wanted to be reassured that everything would be "in order" for me to go to Hawaii in 11 days. There are a few things that need to be cleared up, and it better happen or I'm going to be ticked.

The phone call resulted in an appointment scheduled today, and after dropping my dear Bronwyn off at the airport, that meant that I clocked in for one hour before medical stuff got in the way of the rest of my day. Because at my appointment, the doctor decided that I should probably have an ultrasound just in case. So I had to phone the office and tell them that instead of coming back, I had to go to the hospital.

I had my first set of ultrasounds when I was about 13 years old. The doctor did an internal ultrasound, and in my head up until last year when I had my second one, I remembered the wand being the size of a cucumber. It's not. I also remember going to do the regular ultrasound, with my poor father in tow, with two liters of water practically leaking out of my bladder as the technician pushed and plunged and dug around to get the images, making me hurt and so uncomfortable I wanted to cry. (And also, my DAD was there while I, a 13-year old girl, was having her uterus and ovaries examined. Traum.a.tizing. Just saying.)

Anyway, I guess with age comes a little less fear of the unknown, and a little less of the unknown, since I've been through this all before. I didn't try to drink SO much water, so I wasn't dying, and it really wasn't all that bad. Although, the tech probably thought I was a little crazy since I was insisting that the whole appointment would be a lot more fun if there were a baby to look at. Or that I was looking forward to the hemorrhagic cyst that could potentially burst at any moment.... And even though I didn't say it, I was thinking it... haha. Never mind. I can't even put it on my blog.

But the very best part, is that with online insurance portals and people being able to type of their reports and everything, I looked up the results a mere six hours later. And I knew I could do this, because when I did other lab work at my last doctor's appointment, the results were posted hours later as well. The doctor's office will probably call again tomorrow, but for the most part, I'm reading good news that will make Hawaii even better, as long as everything cooperates.

(I'm going to have to look into getting a different podiatrist, though, since he is clearly not as technologically advanced as these other offices. That being said, there should be a medium sized boot with my name on it in his office within the next day or so. I kind of wish he had posted my x-rays online, so that I could show everyone the alleged extra bone in my foot!)

*Also, do yourself a favor and do not Google hemorrhagic ovarian cyst images. Seriously. Don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow by Email