Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mommy Sense

A month or so ago, my mom and sister came to visit and stayed in my room. I loved having them here, of course, but Amy left the remnants - and when I say remnants, I mean the whole thing set up and ready for use - of a "Play'n'Go" or a play pen for a baby.

They had borrowed it from my aunt and uncle in Idaho for Kelsie, and of course, I am the one who is responsible for getting it back to them. However, leaving it fully operational left me in quite a bind. I have never been able to figure out, without difficulty, the safety snaps, car seats, strollers, high chairs and play pens that are necessary to keep a baby restrained.

I'm convinced that along with lactating and a mother's intuition, also comes the ability to figure out all of those things.

Since I have never had a baby - I am still clueless.

The play pen is now sitting in the corner, happily put away in its little covering, but really...I won't admit how long it took me for it to get that way. The only thing I will say, is that I didn't say any swear words in trying to get it there - almost, but not quite. Amy made fun of me while she was here (or maybe the last time I was in Ohio) because I couldn't figure our the car seat or the stroller or something... but really, I am convinced that I may never figure out how to do it. Especially if I don't ever become a mother...then again, I won't really have a lot of use for knowing how... until Amy comes and visits again. But I think I will insist on her taking it down herself.

1 comment:

  1. Remember the part where I was only smart enough to get the sides down, and then I kicked it and walked away? You deserve a shiny, gold medal. Remember. We will make the men in our lives do that dirty work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...