Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Virgin Lips

"You've really never kissed anyone?"
"That's right."
"But that's so...weird. You always seem so willing."

Staying at my uncle's house, I've been, uh, able to - forced to - exposed to - a lot of kid's shows. You know the stuff that plagues the Disney channel and the Nick channel.


"Should we, just, uh, get it over with?"

On iCarly, a show that I have never been able to sit through a whole episode - I don't have a clue what it is about. Except, Carly has an internet show? I don't know. Anyway, her friend announces that their other friend has never kissed anyone. The rest of the show is him being embarassed by his virgin lip status to the point where he doesn't talk to anyone, not even his mom, and moves onto the fire escape to escape ridicule.

The girl that exposed him then admits on the show that she has also never kissed anyone. And everyone is shocked.

Well, I don't see what is so shocking. These kids are what? Fourteen? Fifteen maybe? And now my 8 and 9 year old cousins are watching this thinking that it isn't normal to not have kissed someone before they are even allowed to date. *shakes head*

It makes us 24 year-olds wonder what we are supposed to be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...