Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Neopologize Cupcakes

Sometimes things don't go as planned and a big "THANK YOU!" and an "I really need to apologize" opportunity presents itself.

Of course, you want to place all the blame on a certain someone, but that isn't entirely fair. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I guess there are some things that I should have done, and should have thought of... but I didn't, and so things moved forward and several people were put on the spot to make something happen.

In order to, erhm... clear my name, as well as -- and most importantly -- thank and say mea culpa to these people, I decided to make cupcakes. So around 8:30 p.m., I went shopping for all the ingredients. I don't know what it is about cupcakes, though, I think I am going to blame the millions of cupcake shows on TV (I watched TV-TV for the first time tonight in over a month, so I doubt that's the real reason), but whenever I make cupcakes, I feel like I have to make it a big production.

An example of this would be the Cardiac Partiac. Where we made close to nine boxes of cupcakes in GIANT muffin pans...



Anyway, I started baking my Neapolitan cupcakes (stolen from an idea I found on Pinterest.com) making the three different kinds of batter at 9:00 p.m.; I had to stop and run to get more eggs at the store; and then continued to bake until who knows? Making 24 cupcakes at a time for 15-18 minutes, times three separate batters (vanilla, chocolate and strawberry) equals somewhere just past midnight to finish baking.

Of course, by then, I was tired, but I wanted to get everything done. So I started frosting. Only, I couldn't find my cake tips (!) and so I just had to use a regular bag.... and then I remembered I had bought coconut to put on top, so I had to toast the coconut.

Around 1:30 a.m., I realized what I was making: Neopologizing (Nee-o-pologizing.... as in "Nee(d) (t)o (be) (a)pologizing...) cupcakes!

HILARIOUS!

In order to make sure everyone understood what they were, I decided to make these cute little flags that I have seen on other baking websites. So up to my computer to print the label, find the glue-sticks and get to creating!

By 2:30 a.m., I had the majority of my little flags created, so downstairs I went and inserted them in ALL the cupcakes.

And then, I was really tired... so I had to make sure the cupcakes were kept covered, so they didn't dry out. Out came the plastic wrap.

For the record: I HATE plastic wrap. Such a pain.

By 4:00 a.m. (see, plastic wrap.... wretched), I was ready to go to bed. I tried to clean up a little bit, but I couldn't focus.

By 5:00 a.m., I was in bed, hoping beyond hope that 3.5 hours is enough sleep to last the day. It's already midnight again, and I feel like I've done really well today, considering!

I hope that the cupcakes did their job, and that with the thank you cards I attached to them, they understood that I was grateful they were there to take over and do what needed to be done at the time. I still feel pretty bad -- and let's face it, angry -- about the whole situation.

So, again, mea culpa and I'm done Neopologizing!

2 comments:

  1. they look fantastic. turned out real well

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so tasty as well. You can NEOPOLOGIZE to me any time... or jut don't.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...