Monday, March 02, 2009

March Missionary Madness

To start off, I wanted to post one of the cool Mormon Messages that are now found on youtube.com, but BYU won't let me access youtube, and my apartment won't let me access blogger. That being said, I'll have to just get on to my message...

This month in the BYU 219th ward, is March Missionary Madness. Our Ward Missionaries have been trying to get us pumped for this for about a month, so for me to sit and do nothing would make me feel incredibly guilty, and besides that, I like talking about the Church.

The Church has been such a huge part of my life since I was born. I am so grateful that my parents were married and sealed in the temple so that we can be an eternal family. My father has always been a worthy priesthood holder, which means, he's had the proper authority to perform all the saving ordinances that I've needed. He's given my countless father's blessings, baptized me, confirmed me, and even set me apart as I have done a few different callings in the Church.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's restored gospel on the earth today. Joseph Smith knelt down in a grove of trees, searching for answers, and received not only an answer, but a calling to be the first prophet of the restored gospel in the latter-days. We are so lucky to have God's mouthpiece on the earth, as we strive to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ now. Thomas S Monson heads the Church and leads through direction from God. We have the Book of Mormon to complement the teachings of the Bible, both of which testify of a loving Father in Heaven who sent His Son to save us through an infinite atonement.

The atonement is one of the most incomprehensible things, and yet, it is what should give us hope and faith that we will be saved in the last days. It is the reason that God understands what we are going through; be it, loneliness, sadness, heartbreak, humiliation...suffering of any sort.

Our Father in Heaven knows us individually and very personally. He loves us. He wants us to be happy.

I can't say that I don't know where I'd be without the Church, because I have a pretty good idea. I am so grateful that I have the Church in my life to guide and influence me to be a better person. My membership in the Church is one of my greatest blessings and I thank God for it everyday.

So...take March and make it your own personal March Missionary Madness. Spread the gospel, proclaim its truth and most importantly love and live by example. We have a great blessing and understanding in our lives and it isn't meant to be exclusive.

And check out the Mormon Messages on youtube.com, they are seriously cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...