Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stress Dreaming

My dreams are unusually vivid, with very structured plots and sequences. And they always seem totally random. There have only been a handful of times where I dream about something that is going on in my life, and those few times have usually been related to work. Like when I worked at IHOP, and I would dream that the table I was serving that night (a real one) was still waiting at the restaurant for the ranch they requested and I never brought to them. I would wake up in a panic and have to talk myself out of going back to IHOP just to make sure they got their ranch.

So last night's dream was probably one of the most random. It begins on a ship, which is then taken over by pirates. We have an epic battle and I'm slicing off dreadlocks and heads - separately - until we've taken back the ship and it begins to sink. We scamper over to the other pirate ship and it is the "apartment" of Jared McKinney and my cousin Christian (who I'm pretty sure have never, ever met). They are both studying to become CMA's, and so they have medical equipment all over their apartment, and in the basement, they have to syringes. Which I pick up to examine, because I'm horrified that they have them in their possession, and I drop one. It falls in a grate beneath the bench where the needles were laying, and so I climb down to retrieve what I've dropped.

And then I'm outside where Will Smith is giving my brother, Mark, basketball tips. Will and I hit it off and become instant best friends, so he introduces me to his wife and I tell them how adorable I think their kids are. And how I want to just steal them, so I can have little black babies of my own. This does not go over well with Will, so I have to make amends, but before I can do that, I get a phone call saying that I was the one that was supposed to be delivering the proposals to Panguitch, they are due in 2 1/2 hours, and I have a 3 1/2 hour drive to get there.

So I hop in my car - which is a cardboard box that you put over your head, and it has windows and everything - and I "drive" to Peggy's house to pick up the proposals. There is paparazzi following me to get my comments on my feud with Will Smith.

I pull up to this giant mansion and get out and there are lights and cameras and finally, Will gets out of his car - cardboard box - and tells them it was all a misunderstanding, that I'm really a nice girl and we are great friends. And to show that there are no hard feelings, he is going to take me to Panguitch on his rocketship.

Crisis solved, and I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...