Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pizza Pirates

Last night I worked late, and so I decided to order a pizza that would hopefully arrive around the same time I did. I knew on Friday night, it might be too much to hope, so I happily waited for the estimated 45 minutes to pass, and then started getting annoyed. So I called, and while I was on the phone, I received a text. I waited to hang up with Papa Johns, who brushed me off, rather rudely, "Oh yes, it will be there soon. Ok? Bye."

I checked my message to find the following from an unknown number:
Shelli...you are eating our pizza...yours is sketchy..Hawaiian with green peppers...
It only took me a second to realize that whoever this person was, thought I was enjoying their pizza whilst they were being forced to enjoy mine (it was BBQ chicken with green peppers). So I replied.
Sounds delicious...Only I haven't gotten mine! You pizza pirate! How did you end up with mine?
Yes we did. Weird choice in toppings. :)
Delicious though. I try to have something green in all my meals...even pizza. And I'm starting, so I'm kind of upset that my pizza is where ever you are...and not here!
We texted back and forth until both of us had our pizzas. Mine had been remade and finally delivered. The delivery girl refused to take any sort of responsibility for having delivered my original pizza to the wrong place, even though I told her that the people she delivered to had texted me and told me what happened.

I was upset that I had to wait for over an hour for my pizza. I was upset that they didn't replace the pizza sauce to my breadsticks with another garlic sauce, as I had requested. I was curious as to why they didn't have me sign a slip, like they usually do when you put the pizza on a card. And I was ticked that I had added my tip on before the delivery girl even got there.

I felt bad to the pizza pirates, who texted and said that when they finally received their order, it was cold.

What concerns me most is that I have a pending transaction on my bank account for TWO orders. And when I called to get that cleared up, the manager was sort of an idiot. I don't know if he was listening, but he was like, "Did you get your pizza and your breadsticks?"

Yes. But that isn't the issue. I just don't want to be charged twice!

So, hopefully, only one transaction will go through, and not both of them. And you can bet that I'm probably done with the Provo Papa Johns.

1 comment:

  1. Funny - I ordered Papa Johns yesterday too! But, my service was amazing. Yay L.A.! =)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...