Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Sound of Water

I hit the snooze button a lot... and usually I go directly back into a fairly deep sleep. But this morning, I only went back to sleep. I could still hear water running through pipes because my apartment has walls that are only a little thicker than paper. The thing is, I don't know whether the water was coming from the washer which is on the other side of the east wall or the kitchen sink (which isn't close to my bedroom at all, but still manages to be ridiculously loud) or either of the shower or from the people above me and THEIR washer or their sinks or their showers or the apartments to the north of me and THEIR WASHERS OR SINKS OR SHOWERS or the apartment below me...

The point is, I felt like I was surrounded by the sound of rushing water. And if at any moment the pipes were to burst, I think I would be swimming out of my room and onto 820 North, where I oh-so-stupidly decided to move. Why?

The joys of BYU housing.

1 comment:

  1. Baby. I told you that Roberta's house had ruined you forever. You know, even in older houses (likesuchas my own), this happens fairly frequently. Although, I will say I am sorry for you only because you are saving my life tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...