Monday, February 22, 2010

Money....or the lack thereof

I wonder what it would be like to live a life where you never wanted for anything. There are people out there like that... it must be odd. What would you complain about? What would you talk about if you could just go out and purchase anything your heart desires / needs?

In a twenty minute conversation I have realized that everything I want / need right now is SUPER expensive. Like such as:

  1. A new car. My car continues to break and do weird things. I think I can drag it out, but that might require putting more money into it. Which is not helpful at all. Andrew, my cousin, is convinced he could "find me something nice" that is reasonably priced. 
  2. A new computer. Mine is old. Running out of room. And not compatible with any wireless that I encounter. It's really a pain. Especially since having no internet means leaving the house in order to file taxes, do stats and anything else that might mean something in my life right now. I don't like to leave the house anymore. It's cold outside. So because I don't have internet in my new apartment set up, I haven't been doing much of anything. I'd also like to set up Photoshop (which is also a pricey addition) and buy a nice monitor to go with it.
  3. Trip to Europe. Yup. I'm going to Europe. And soon. This is the priority. I will let you know when I purchase my ticket.
Now, how am I supposed to afford all of that? Because when you look at the money coming in versus the money going out, you will see that there really isn't much to set aside. Even if I did not eat out 52876 times a week and I actually paid attention to how much gas I put into my car as well.... there still wouldn't be enough.

So I guess I could get a second job and donate plasma. Or actually finish stats and start applying to new jobs that pay more (Noooooooooooooo..... I won't do it! I love this job!) . Why can't my book just be published and sending me little checks in the mail? Oh, I remember.... never mind.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I see the dilemma with eating out... and how it can actually suck up lots of money very quickly. I vote you scratch a few of the times you eat out and there's $30 bucks a week right there, which is $120/mo, which is $1440... which is enough for an off season trip to Europe! Or one of those awesome 10 day Meditteraen cruises!

    Who are you going to Europe with?

    A car that runs is kinda nice, and relieves a lot of stress in life...

    Of course I would really love to see your pictures if you get photoshop, but computer buying season is either August (before school deals) or post thanksgiving (black friday). You can get pretty good computers now for only 500 bucks.

    All in all, your options are a) budget b) get a second job (I don't recommend leaving a job you love) or c) finish your book. I think c is the most realistic, how bout you?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...