Friday, April 09, 2010

Face Lift

I love giving my blog a little face lift now and again. There are so many creative websites where you can borrow ideas and graphics and there are some truly talented, designers out there.

I wish that I were one of them.

Did you know that I was accepted into BYU as a graphic design (pre-art) major? That was going to be my profession. My cockiness got int the way, and now that I'm into my 6th year in Provo, I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to change to social sciences.

Don't get me wrong. I loved 99% of my geography classes. I loved the teachers. I love the topics. I love geography in general. But I don't see myself really doing anything with the knowledge that I have gained over the past few years (except impress random Brazilians with my knowledge of their forward capital or identifying different housing styles in the European landscape...) career-wise.

If only I had stuck with design. I really love it. I love doing layout things and using creativity. One of my favorite parts of my job is designing the cover of the spec books that we do. The cover I designed is clean and professional. I think some people (Dad) might be surprised by my lack of various fonts and my limited coloring. But it works for what it is.

What I really enjoy doing is making new headers for my blog, designing Christmas cards and wedding invites. I don't have much experience with either - although I did help Camille with hers some....6-7 years ago? Anyway... maybe one day I will go back to school and get some legit training and experience so I can do some more work. If the whole author thing doesn't work out..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...