Saturday, April 03, 2010

General Conference Day #1

Is it any wonder members of the Church enjoy conference? You are counseled to come to conference with questions that you would like answered and are promised an answer. How can 14,000,000 people listen to conference, all with a different question, and still receive an answer in just 8-10 hours of conference? I don't know, but I know that I always hear some things that I need to hear.

It is as if the General Authorities sit down and read each of our journals and then select their talks based on what has been written in the past six months. In reality, it's that our Father in Heaven hears our prayers - spoken aloud and pleading from our hearts - and then directs his oracles in what they should say. We are so blessed to have knowledge of living prophets on the earth today. We are even more blessed that we have the technology so that we can hear the conference sessions wherever we are. I've listened to conference online, on TV, in a Church, in the car and in the audience of the general sessions.

I love conference. I'm excited for tomorrow, because I'm certain conference will be focusing on the Easter theme - the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...