Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tempus Fugit

Why is it that while sitting at work with little to do I can look at the clock and it is 11:38 a.m. and I feel like I've been there for about four hours already instead of just two and when I look at the clock again, knowing that it has to be three at least, it is really only 12:01 p.m.

But when I decide to get ready for bed at 11:15 p.m. so I can fall asleep early, one minute in front of the mirror or a quick email check or just a minute talking to my roommate and WHAM it is 12:21 a.m.

How does that happen? What sort of natural phenomenon/cruelty is life playing at? I know it's called managing my time better - but then again, if it only feels like a minute, how am I to know it is really 40?

For reals though, I am trying to get to bed early...so this is a short post before I climb into my sorta-comfy bed. (Thanks to a trip to Walmart that started at 1:00 a.m. and what seemed to only last for 40 minutes, but somehow I got home at 3:20 a.m. - Seriously, how does that happen?)

Ah, well... as they say in Latin: Tempus Fugit. (But never when you want it to.)

2 comments:

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...