Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hey - I like that.

Two things I discovered this week that I really like.

1. Cactus. The FTC went to Rancho Market for lunch this week and Meghan and I ordered this dish that consists of chicken, beef, shrimp, jalapenos, onions and Mexican cheese cooked and soaking in a cheesy sauce with more peppers. It's spicy. It comes out still cooking in the stoneware they serve it in. It's served with beans and rice and you build it into a tortilla - "like a fajita - but better," as Meghan described it. It was fabulous. It cost some $20, but there's enough food to feed four... and yes, I had my leftovers for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I was most surprised about like the cactus. I'd never had cactus before... It is soooo yummy.

2. Justified. "Timothy Olyphant stars as Marshal Raylan Givens, a modern-day lawman with a 19th-century attitude. Based on an Elmore Leonard character, Givens employs a brash brand of justice that makes him a target of criminals, so his marshal superiors relocate him to his hometown. Nick Searcy (CSI) co-stars as Givens' friend and boss. Look for Walton Goggins (The Shield) and Natalie Zea (Dirty Sexy Money) in prominent guest spots. " - TVGuide

It's a new show on FX about a US Marshal stationed in Kentucky. I like it because Raylan is from Kentucky. They flash parts of Lexington. There are all sorts of Kentucky hicks. But the show takes you other places. Raylan is a smart-a. And while he is the law, he banters and jokes with the bad guys. Right before he shoots them. There's no romance. There's a lot of shooting (Raylan aims for the heart, and doesn't think twice about shooting.) So far out of 4 episodes, he's managed to kill someone, or quite a few someones, in every one of them. Maybe it's his accent. Or his wit. Or even his hat. But Raylan Givens is sexy. Oh, that might be why I watch it? I don't rightly know. It's on Tuesday nights, but I just watch it on hulu.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...