Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Administrative Professional's Day

Today was supposed to be a big celebration for me. When I walked in the guys all shouted, "HAPPY SECRETARY'S DAY!" and I thought that was an indication that it was going to be a good day.

But then I spent the next four hours trying to get specs in order for a job that was supposed to go up to the printers by 3:00 p.m. I made it by 2:00 p.m., but that was with a lot of effort, little fun and a lot of swearing, and semi-swearing. Let's just say that files with the extension .SF are not real files, and so it was a bit more complicated than usual. And even though I thought I had done most the work already, I ended up having to redo a lot of it. Still, now that I am reflecting, four hours seemed longer while I was working through them than they actually were -- though, I was fairly famished.

The guys had promised to take me out to lunch, but the lunch hour rolled by us quickly...I told them to leave me behind, but they wouldn't do it. We went to "lunch" finally around 4:00 p.m. It was delicious.

Also, Peggy brought me in a fun little treat as well which was very nice of her. I know there are a lot of people who think celebrating Secretary's Day is stupid or whatever, but I like it. And even though I did have to remind the guys periodically throughout the month, put it on their calendar and drop subtle hints (Hey - they're guys, after all!) They still remembered and they didn't let me forget that they had remembered.

So far, these six months at KMA have been great! (Well, minus those four hours where I really could have killed somebody.)

1 comment:

  1. Shelli! Okay, clearly I need to bite the bullet and just remember guys don't remember this stuff. Hahah. I work with mostly men (my boss, for one) and did they remember? No.

    Hahha...Did I remember until I saw it on your facebook?

    No. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...