Monday, September 13, 2010

Mondays

I've always thought that it would be fun to be published in Women's World magazine. They pay $25-100 for little short snippets about "funny" things children say, pictures of babies and pets and stuff like that, and I figured I could get paid to write their one-page romance story.

So I've been doing a little research online, and I've learned a few things. Women's World is a hard market to crack into. You get paid $800 per story. The stories have to be modern and under 800 words. I knew it had to be short...but I never realized that under two pages was the requirement! I had a hard enough time writing scholarship essays!

So for practice, I wrote a little something up. It comes in at 797 words. And I don't know... it's probably crap. But if I'm ever going to be published in WW, then I've got to learn how to write crap that doesn't sound half bad - that they would consider publishing. Because honestly, I could really use $800.

Mondays*

****UPDATE****
This story was bought by Woman's World!!!

Oh, so dorky. So cheesy! But... that's what the WW readers want! Right? I don't know. You try to write an uplifting story in under 800 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...